WinMTR is and Open Source project currently managed and developed by Dragos MANAC.
The current version is 0.91. We plan to roll out a new version each quarter. More in the Development section.
License: The project is licensed under GPL v2. We tried changing it to commercial in v0.9, since we have full rights over the code. We thought there is no interest in having it Open Source since there were no external commits in the last 10 years. This degenerated into a heated debate on Slasdhot. Although we still consider within our rights to revoke the GPL, we decided to keep offering it under GPL v2.
WinMTR has got a new home, moved out of Sourceforge on to WinMTR.net!
The WinMTR project was started in 2000 by our good friend Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir.
- 11.01.2011 – Version v0.91 is out under GPL v2, by popular request.
- 20.01.2002 – Last entered hosts an options are now hold in the registries. Home page and development moved to Sourceforge.
- 05.09.2001 – Replace edit box with combo box which hold last entered hostnames. Fixed a memory leak which caused program to crash after a long time running. (v0.7)
- 11.27.2000 – Added resizing support and flat buttons. (v0.6)
- 11.26.2000 – Added copy data to clipboard and possibility to save data to file as text or HTML. (v0.5)
- 08.03.2000 – Added double-click on host name in list for detailed information. (v0.4)
- 08.02.2000 – fix ICMP error codes handling. Print an error message corresponding to ICP_HOST_UNREACHABLE error code instead of a empty line. (v0.3)
- 08.01.2000 – support for full command-line operations (v0.2)
- 07.28.2000 – first release (v0.1)
We plan to further develop WinMTR, keep it running on newer platforms and add the requested functionality. Find out how you can help by reading the Development page.